Posts

July 27, 2010

I'm in Love!

Yesterday was a big day for us. We can now check off another 'first.' This weekend Greg and I felt like going house hunting. We found a nice realtor, told her all the things that we wanted in our new home, got pre-approved for a loan, and looked at all these beautiful homes. We told her we wanted nothing older than 10 years with at least 3 bedrooms, a large beautiful kitchen, 2 bathrooms, curb appeal, and everything else that makes a home magical. I am a picky person and I love nice things, I also have to have the best. I can't help it. I was made that way.

We got on the internet pulled up all these beautiful homes that were in our price range and that met all of our specifics. We emailed our realtor the list and she made appointments to see them. The night before our walkthroughs I was browsing and happened across this:
a 1920's house with a small kitchen, 1 bath, a handicap ramp, and in desperate need of some yard work.
But I fell in love.
I have to have it.
It needs me.
And no one can believe it.
Its everything I never wanted!! But its charming and old and rundown and fabulous!! It has so much potential and I want to make it perfect! (which by the way, is proof that I am not so high maintenance after all, ha!)

After we looked at it a couple of times I knew... it was meant for me.
We decided to think about it over the weekend to see if it felt right.
Monday morning came and we found that 2 people had put an offer on the house over the weekend! TWO!!!! I couldn't believe it! My house?? Two offers were on my house?!? I went into panic mode (not really, but it makes the story better don't you think?) We got all of our papers ready and we put in an offer! For the first time! We put an offer on a HOUSE!! I feel so grown up. It was exciting and kind of exhilarating. It all happened so fast. We looked at the house on Saturday and put in an offer on Monday.

We should know by tomorrow whether they accepted our offer or not. It is not very likely that they will, but there is a chance.... And even if they don't it was all very exciting and I can't wait to do it again!!
Did I mention that my heart drops every time my phone rings?
Oh boy...

4 comments:

Loriann Jensen said...

Good luck!!! I love house shopping too- it's exciting!

Justin and Carissa said...

You have to tell me your secret about how you can buy a house! I have been feeling quite cramped in my little apartment this week. (Justin's brother has been living with us for over a month which means all of Matthew's stuff, and Matthew, are in our bedroom, and then I was babysitting my niece for the week which meant we had four people and their stuff in my one bedroom and my whole apartment was feeling just a little bit small) It is crazy to think that my friends are living in houses, and I have quite a few years of apartment living ahead of me! I just hold on to the thought that someday, Justin will have a doctor salary and be able to buy me a home with a washer and dryer and a dishwasher-that's all I ask for :) Oh, and a big yard, and a room for all my books, and a piano, and...I do hope that you get your cute little old house-things like that make life seem so romantical. Glad to hear that life is treating you so well.

Erin Darrington said...

Boy oh boy indeed! I hope it works out! I can't even imagine a day when i will own my own house... siiiigh... someday!

Erin Darrington said...

Your momma just posted that she is going to be a grandma. I am assuming she is talking about YOU being PREGNANT! Congratulations cute girl, I'm so happy for you :) I can't wait to read a blog post about it.