Posts

December 30, 2008

What We Did For Christmas. . .

I can't believe how fast the holidays came and went! We had a fabulously busy time! For those who are interested... We spent Christmas Eve with my family. Grandma and Grandpa cooked their traditional dinner and Tay, Greg and I all shared the same bed, as tradition. We stayed up late playing games and being silly. Taylor tried to get everyone up at 7 to open presents. Since no one can say no to her, we did. It was a lot different this year not having everyone there, but we all had a blast. After we finished opening gifts, we went to the Jensen's. (they still have young kids and Taylor beat them up by almost 2 hours!!) After some more exciting gifts we went back to my dad's for brunch, a 4 hour phone call with Myles... who is doing awesome by the way, and a nap. And finally we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner at Greg's parents.

Here are our random pictures from Christmas time!
This last picture is in Utah. There was a good foot of snow. It was so pretty!

A few days before Christmas we went to Utah to attend my Grandma's funeral. It was the first time I had been to a funeral and it was awful, but at the same time so beautiful! The cemetery was so peaceful. It was up on a hill and was white and snowing. I couldn't have imagined anything more heavenly. I miss my grandma and am so greatful for her example and influence in my life.

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad you were able to make it to the funeral despite the weather.

Lady Carolyn said...

Hey! You guys have a blog! One thing good did come from the funeral. I got to meet you. :) You guys are great. :D