Posts

January 26, 2011

Labor and Delivery..

Time is going by so fast and Baby is quickly on her way! We are getting so excited for our little one to come and have been diligently preparing for her arrival. Currently I am working on her room. I am so excited for it to be finished! Since moving into our house, everything has needed to be painted and I have slowly been working on the different sections, but by the time I got to baby's room it took everything in me to do it. I officially hate painting! But it needs to be done and it is looking fab! I will post pictures once it is completed. I have also been doing my research on different things like cribs and car seats. We recently took a newborn care class, which was somewhat helpful, and on Saturday Greg and I took a tour of the hospital that we will be delivering at. I know that I am just barely in my third trimester (almost 29 weeks) but I felt we should just in case our little one decides to come early. It turns out it was the perfect day to take that tour.

Yesterday I got to experience the Labor and Delivery Triage at St. Lukes. I am happy to report that I chose the right hospital to deliver our baby girl. The staff there is amazing and so helpful and the place makes you feel so comfortable. :) But why was I in Labor and Delivery? Baby Charley felt she was ready to meet us!! :)

About 3 am yesterday morning I started having horrible cramps which made me so sick! I just figured I had a stomach bug or something and went back to bed to try to sleep. Of course I couldn't and the rest of the morning was spent trying to find some way to relieve the cramping. After much convincing from my husband, I called the doctor. (I think doctors are amazing, but I don't think that people need to go see them for everything.) Turns out it was a good thing I did. The cramps I was feeling were contractions. (I had no idea, I've never done this before.) They were coming quite frequently, and of course it was just too early to be having any real contractions. So after seeing my amazing doctor, I was sent over to Labor and Delivery to be monitored for most of the day and was given shots to stop the contractions. It worked and last night they sent me home, but not before saying my two least favorite words: bed rest. Luckily (and hopefully) it will only be for a few days. If they don't start up again in the next day or two I can slowly start adding in activities. I am excited to meet our little one, but I can wait until she is done and ready, and hopefully I will have to. :) Having the hemorrhaging before puts her at high risk of coming early, but I have a feeling she will make it to at least the end of March. (my fingers are crossed)
Other than that, things are going quite well. Greg has been super busy with school and work. The poor guys is gone practically all day, which I hate because my most favorite thing in the world is to be with him.. I am also going to school, well sort of, I am just taking 2 online classes because baby is due mid semester and although you might think I am super woman, I'm not sure I could do a full load on campus with a newborn. It is unfortunate, because with the combination of dropping my classes last semester because of bed rest and only taking 2 this semester, it puts me back almost a year. I REALLY just want to be done and move on already! ugh.. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is worth bringing a child into the world.. right? :)

3 comments:

ElizabethandEriks said...

Right! I am so happy for the two soon to be three of you! I will keep praying for you and the baby and pray that the baby stays in your tummy until fully baked ! :)

Loriann Jensen said...

We're so glad you two are okay! We had Jack at St. Lukes and he ended up in the NICU and they were so great! Good hospital! Take care

Justin and Carissa said...

Wow! I thought there for a minute that you really did have your baby! So glad they got the contractions to stop. If I was around I would come and play cards with you or something. Good luck keeping that baby cooking!